- About GM
- GM Brands
- Worldwide Locations
- North America
- South America
- Asia/Middle East
- Careers Social Network
Connecting millions of people with GM. Our team coordinates communications between both internal and external audiences. As a strategic partner for all of our business functions, our team is taking our achievements and latest innovations to build our relationships around the world. Your GM career might include managing communications at a GM assembly plant, planning outreach activities to engage people via social media, working with journalists, or writing materials for a GM website.
Read more about our Internship Program.
GM Communications are driving our culture, highlighting our creativity, and improving our bottom line. Our Communications team is made up of a diverse group of people with:
- A wide range of experience, knowledge, and skills
- The ability to learn and quickly react to changing conditions
- Strong collaborative skills
- A strong desire to work in our fast-paced industry
Improving communications between our teams and with our customers. Our teams focus on several areas, including:
- Product communications – Executing global product publicity strategies to support sales, marketing, and promotional opportunities
- Corporate communications – Directing news media relations, community and philanthropic relations, diversity initiatives
- Internal, financial, and executive communications – Providing media relations and communications support for senior executives
- Communications operations – Maintaining GM websites, coordinating events, managing supplier and research communications
- Social media – Managing our ever-growing online presence and communicating the latest GM updates to the world
Working with the media, suppliers, and executives, there are advancement opportunities for team members at all levels. Our global communications framework encourages specialization and collaboration across sectors to build a stronger GM. For those who show insight, aptitude, and unrivaled commitment, we offer the challenge of leading media relations, product communications, internal communications, communications operations, and the potential for exposure to international markets.