- About GM
- GM Brands
- Worldwide Locations
- Careers Social Network
The Spirit of GM
From the Heart of Michigan, GM Was Born.
The leading force of the automotive industry lives and breathes in Southeast Michigan—a world of surprise and discovery. From Lake Erie and great homegrown music, to the finest microbreweries and the best education, you'll still enjoy a reasonable cost of living.
Drive down the street to find playhouses, ethnic restaurants, and the Blind Pig, an indie-rock sanctuary in Ann Arbor. Walk down the strip to see a show at the Royal Oak Theatre and hip fashion boutiques at Royal Oak. From the tree-lined streets of picturesque Grosse Pointe, you'll see Lake St. Clair with world-class sailing and waterfront parks.
Discover shipping, entertainment, and eateries in cities like Brighton, Rochester Hills, and Bloomfield Hills, with beautiful homes, pristine parks, and incredible public schools.
Places Rated Almanac has consistently ranked Metro Detroit as one of the 25 best places to live in North America and Best Life magazine consistently ranks Ann Arbor as one of the top places in the U.S. to raise a family.
Here are just a few facts about our great state:
- University of Michigan Business and Engineering schools are both rated in the Top 10 nationwide.
- Michigan has 15 public universities and 47 private colleges and universities.
- Bloomfield Hills' public high schools are recognized by the U.S. Department of Education as an "outstanding school".
- Twelve of the Birmingham District's schools were designated as "Exemplary" by the U.S. Department of Education.
- The Troy School District has achieved top scores (MEAP, ACT, SAT) and high academic honors.